Monday, April 11, 2011

Creative Pursuit #6 "write about a weird day in your workplace"

Basically I am a modern day clown. It is hard to pick just one day that's a weird day in my workplace. I work for a party company and have learned the ways of entertaining children. I can face paint , make balloon animals , run bouncy castles and of course I dress up in any costume I'm told to. One day stands out too me though. It was one of my first events with Par-T-Perfect. We were doing an event up in Kelowna and I was running the face paint station and my friend Amy was running avalanche mountain , this bouncy castle has a fake blow up helicopter on the top of it just for show. As I'm doing my job these five boys come up all asking to be painted as princesses , a little out of the ordinary but i wasn't one to judge. I stamped the boys tickets and off they went. About fifteen minutes later I can hear Amy yelling "get down from there!" so I run over sure enough the five boys have tried to climb to the helicopter which is not only not allowed but its really dangerous because it's super high up. The boys scatter down the castle quickly and try to run off while yelling "attack of the princesses!". So we laugh it off and get back to work soon enough the day is over and nothing I had thought had happened after the once incident we all meet with out bosses and the other two workers and every single one of us asks if any of us had trouble with the five princess boys. Discovering that they had raised trouble at every station in all different forms. Now all of us joke and call it the "princess day" and I do not think I will ever face paint a group of boys princesses ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment