Thursday, April 14, 2011

Perception Is Everything

The theme of Beau Ottos presentation on optical illusions is he shows how everyone perceives everything differently. I may see a red poster but that's because Ive always learned that the colour red is red but my colour red could be someone elses perception of blue. In my own life I encounter many moments like this one imparticular sticks out. I was at a friends hockey game and at the end I was waiting outside for him afterwards and one of his team mates came out. All these boys ran up the stairs in matching yellow livestrong shirts and i asked him "what are the boys doing?" and he said "oh the guys in the orange shirts" and I started laughing and asked if he was blind and he shook his head in confusion. To me the shirts were yellow but to him the shirts looked orange. Everyone perceives everything in the world differently not only with colours but signs building actions people usually not one thing is the same to more than one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment