Thursday, March 3, 2011

21st Century Education

4. Describe what you are doing next year.

My plans for next year at the moment are fairly up in the air. For most of my life I've planned on travelling to Australia and becoming and aupair for three months and than travel around the destination for three as well. As of right now I am going to wait until summer break after college to head down under. I am planning on going into the criminology program at Okanagan College and stay in penticton as well as sticking with the company i work for to save money. I will possibly move out but my mother has persuaded me to stay at home which works for me because than i save more money for Australia. I would like to participate in charity events still but it could be a little bit harder because the ones i do now are through Maggie but its worth the challenge. Whatever I do in my life it has to involve benefiting others. The criminology program I am going into is a 2 year program and has great reviews at the end of it I would like to help work with child services or counselling children who have been through traumatic events. Friends and family wise I plan to stay close with the ones that matter the most right now and they have been around for years so I cant picture us all not being friends after graduation. This summer before college starts i will be working full time possibly two jobs just too keep busy and get a feel for the real world. I am both excited and nervous to grow up but if anything I think I am ready for it and high school had a big part in that. I think in high school classes and grades matter to a certain extent but if you can become a bigger and better person with a good head on your shoulders the teachers and administration have done their job because for the most part after high school you forget everything you learned and all the tests you took but life lessons stay with you forever. So work school friends family and travelling that's the big plan for me I cant wait to begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment